Silver Flame Studio

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Flame Studio

This forum is for Silver Flame Games, a programming group based out of Appleton.

2 posters

Game Ideas (Brainstorming)

Hips
    Hips

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Game Ideas (Brainstorming)

Post  Hips Tue May 26, 2009 3:38 pm

The setting is a future cyber-punk type game where you are with a team of badass thugs/hackers. The gameplay will be a third person shooter, looking down at your character. The cities and stuff are filled with poor and run down similar to the new batman movies Gotham City slums, or like final fantasy 7 slums. You fight your way through thugs and corrupt police officers to some goal (I don’t know what that goal could be yet.) I’m also thinking that aliens have visited in this future to add to the gameplay. This setting could let us make run down crappy places or high futuristic technologies since it is the future. This could lead to some innovative gun ideas and what not. I’m thinking that hacking into buildings could be a side theme. So like an action part of the game could be having your team mates defend you while you hack into some building or car (because all locking systems will be run with computers in the future ) so you’re on a time limit.
    One innovative idea which I’ve told Dave would be to have the screen split into two (when playing multiplayer) when people adventure too far from each other, so you take up one viewport when close, or two viewports when separate. Multiplayer adventure could include puzzles and what not…
    Hips
    Hips

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Infection

Post  Hips Tue May 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Another, probably more feasible idea, is to have a biology related game. This game would be based on fighting off diseases, viruses, and infections that make people sick. You would play as a white blood cell, antibody, platelet (similar to medic), or a medicine(like an antibiotic or something) and fight against diseases and viruses.

My brother suggested to visit different parts of the body, each one being a level. So there would be one where you are battling off a bladder infection or something.

The gameplay would be a 3d third or first person flying shooter game. So like a space fighting game except inside a body.

I'm seeing the final level be a battle inside the bloodstream / heart... It would be a highly intense battle while flying speedily through blood vessels and finally into the heart. All the enemies and good guys would appear to be moving their normal speed relative to your location, but the environment would be radically moving simulating floating through a blood stream...

We could also include different power ups and level ups for your cells, or you could include more antibodies fighting with you. Something along those lines...

Just another idea for a game. Thoughts???
    Tyler

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty 3D game

Post  Tyler Wed May 27, 2009 2:00 pm

Here's another idea. It'll play sort of as an RTS/FPS.

You are the captain of a squad of marines/soldiers/aliens/whatever. As the captain you can order them around as you see fit, which will be handled by selecting them in a top down view. You can move them, order them to attack, take cover, defend, what have you from this screen. Since this is on the console, I want to keep unit management down to a minimum, because personally I think it's hell to try and actually play an RTS like red alert with a controller.

When you so desire, you can take physical control of a unit, switching you to a first person mode. This mode would play much like an FPS and you would have a communications menu to give simple commands to your squad like attack a tagged target, hold fire.
    Hips
    Hips

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Things to consider

Post  Hips Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 pm

"Creating independent games is not about building the next “Halo” or “Gears of War”. Giant game studios with multi-million dollard budgets work like film studios to create “safe game titles” that appeal to the broadest base of game players possible. As result, big studio games tend to look very similar. They share the similar stories, styles, game mechanics, and characters. And with multi-milion dollar budgets, they can’t afford to be wrong.

Independent game developers are free from these budget cages to innovate and create very niche game play. A successful independent game earning tens of thousands of dollars is nothing to a big studio, but it definitely keeps an independent game developer going. The key is to break away from the mold that big studios follow. If you can’t compete with a 300-person studio on a polished FPS game, then take them on with a fun and quirky independent game that everyone must have."

from http://www.envygames.com/content/?page_id=341
    Hips
    Hips

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Another game idea

Post  Hips Wed May 27, 2009 7:02 pm

This game idea is one that simulates worst case scenarios in real life... We could call it "Survival" or "Bad Things" or "Bad Luck" or something.

I'm seeing this game as a first person game where you use the environment to survive. So one level would be your at your computer at work. The game seems boring and average for a couple minutes or so, but then something bad happens (that could very well happen in real life). The fire alarm goes off, or a tornado is about to hit the building. You need to try and survive. A bunch of different scenarios can take place. You are at a bank teller and a robbery takes place; you are on a plane and the pilot has a heart attack; you are sky diving and the parachute doesn't open; (can be fictional too) you are at Fleet Farm and you hear of a Zombie attack headed your way; (here's a depressing one) you're at your house and you see a giant flash in the window from a nuclear bomb... We could also have it where nothing bad happens to add some suspense to the game.

Wow... this would be a really depressing game!
    Tyler

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Re: Game Ideas (Brainstorming)

Post  Tyler Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea, Hips. That's getting back at the idea of environmental control which we briefly discussed at the meeting today; something that I think would be great. It's not necessarily innovative, but I don't think there's a game that allows full manipulation of the environment (Half-life 2 is the game that comes closest to it that I can think of off the top of my head), so there'd definitely be some wow factor, I'd think. The hard part would be allowing the game to recognize the myriad of possibilities to succeed for each scenario.
    Hips
    Hips

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Every byte counts...

Post  Hips Thu May 28, 2009 2:57 pm

I have no idea what genre of game this is, but it would be a game where you are a byte in the computer.

You can travel down different highways or bridges... north bridges that is Smile and just explore the computer at the byte level. So if you look up, you would see the computer case as the background/sky. You could travel through the computer fixing problems and then travel to different computers via networks and stuff... This would at least be the setting and the character bases for some type of game. I don't know what style of game it would be, we could pretty much do anything genre of game with this kind of original idea. I like the thought that one simple byte could save a computer or something. The motto "Every byte counts..." =D

Any one want to expand on this idea???

Sponsored content

Game Ideas (Brainstorming) Empty Re: Game Ideas (Brainstorming)

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:09 am